Follow On:
District Information Board of Education Finance Operations Leadership Team Departments Strategic Plan Liberty Foundation
Schools & Programs Boundary Maps Elementary Schools Secondary Schools Early Childhood Gifted and Talented Learners Kid's Zone Athletics Library Media Program Fine Arts Technology Special Education Summer School School Social Workers
District Communications Staying Connected Photo Gallery Coffees with the Community Channel 18 Logo Information Press Room ParentLink/Blackboard Feature Stories
Human Resource Department Current Vacancies About Liberty Application Process Salary Schedule Benefits Teacher Mentor Program Student Teaching Substitute Opportunities Contact Us
Parents Information Academic Services Essential Curriculum Elementary Proficiency Guides District Calendar/Start Times Nutrition Services PTA (Parent Teacher Association) School Closing Information PowerSchool Transportation Student Services Enrollment Information Health Services Information and Flyers
For Students
For Staff New Staff Information Curriculum Management Liberty LEADS: Teaching & Learning Substitute Information

Frequently Asked Questions

We are new to the district and my child has an IEP. Who do I contact?
At enrollment you will have the opportunity to document if your child has been identified as having a disability and has an IEP. You will then be contacted by a special education representative from that building.


What is the difference between a 504 Plan and an IEP?
An IEP is used to plan specially designed instruction and related services necessary for a student to make progress in the general education curriculum. A 504 Plan outlines reasonable accommodations needed by a student who has a documented disability. Students who receive 504 plans are not in need of specially designed instruction but rather need accommodations that allow them equal access to school-wide curricular and co-curricular activities.


My child attends private school. How do we access special education services?
Parents should contact their private school principal to make a referral to Liberty Public Schools. The private school principal will then contact the district's designee to initiate the referral process. If the student is evaluated and deemed eligible for special education, services will be provided at a Liberty school.