Flyer Distribution Procedures
Our District collaborates with organizations to distribute certain materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer distribution.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved (please see approval criteria below), your flyer will be e-mailed to all parents at selected schools and posted online. Most paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
1. Visit https://www.peachjar.com/
2. Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
3. Upload your flyer for approval.
1. The following organizations and agencies may request to distribute materials through the District:
- Local park and recreation districts
- Federal, State and local government entities, including law enforcement agencies and public libraries, that wish to distribute materials necessary to further and/or protect the health, safety, and welfare of students
- School-connected organizations for the purpose of promoting educational activities or events
- School-community advisory councils
- Youth sports organizations
- Community organizations such as Camp Fire, Boy Scouts, and Girl Scouts, which promote youth activities, citizenship, and have a large percentage of District students participating
- School-connected organizations including PTA/PTSO groups, booster organizations, and charitable foundations (including the Liberty School District Foundation)
- Community partners of the District who provide resources, volunteers, and after school programs that support educational instruction and enrichment
- LPS does not typically distribute flyers of a commercial nature unless LPS has an existing sponsorship agreement with an organization
2. Flyers must contain the following:
- Disclaimer - The disclaimer must be on the front of the flyer, in a location where it is easy to see.
“This is not a Liberty Public Schools sponsored program. Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the District or school personnel. The District accepts no liability or responsibility for the program/activity.”
- The name of the sponsoring organization
- If the sponsoring organization is nonprofit, under the name put “a nonprofit organization”
- Date of event
- Time of event
- Location of event
- Program Cost – The flyer must describe the full cost for participants, including but not limited to registration
- Phone Number / Contact Information
3. Laws/Rules: Text and graphics on flyers mush comply with existing laws, District standards, and school rules. For example, text and graphics on flyers may not denigrate any group; promote violation of school rules; depict drugs; tobacco, alcohol, violence, fighting, intimidation, weapons, gang/cult/affiliation, or inappropriate language; or be sexually suggestive.
4. Advertising: Sponsors may be acknowledged and listed discreetly on the bottom of the flyers.
5. Use of Facilities: If flyers describe non-school activities held at a Liberty Public School District school site, the sponsoring organization must obtain an approved District Facilities Usage Agreement before the flyer can be distributed.
6. Comply with Board and Administrative Policies: All materials must comply with Liberty Public Schools Board Policies and Administrative Regulations.